Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Its Almost Show Time

WOW! I can't believe its almost here. Carlin's first ballet performance, well her first ballet performance in a theatre. She has performed many, many times in our living room, in driveways, in restaurants and anywhere she can sneak in jete or two.

I have learned a lot over the last few months.  The communication at this studio, or lack there of, has been a struggle for me but I now am getting emails and learning to deal with the chaos of being a "dance mom". The business woman in me wants to just take over so the instructors and director can just do what they do best but I know that I need to sit back and let it happen.  Enough about me...


Carlin has been doing so well in her school. She continues to be focused and enjoys every moment of class and rehearsals. I am fortunate to be back stage for one of the performances so I have been involved in her rehearsals. I have been in awe of Carlin's ability to stay in control, stay focused and learn every day. She keeps up with the girls in her group. They are all four and a half or 5 years old. Just the other day, at class, the director was so impressed with Carlin's whole class they will all be moving up.
My mom took Carlin for pictures yesterday and the director just kept telling her how talented Carlin is. I could not be any prouder!  Today Carlin told me when she woke up that she had to dance this morning since she did not get to dance yesterday. Not a day goes by that some sort of ballet is being watched or performed in our house. My Little Bun Head is addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment